Wednesday, May 27, 2009

GRATITUDE

Every once in a while, I am reminded by some outside force to list the things I am grateful for - this is to get me out of my head, focused on something other than me and my issues, and to remember that for every annoying thing I perceive in my life, there are about 25 things that are amazing...

My husband, doing the dishes without being asked.
My friend asking me to help with the older kids while she and her husband have the next one.
My teenage son giving me a hug, just because.
My daughter sending me a funny email because it made her think of me.
My dad, who calls and leaves random, uplifting messages on my voicemail.
The job I have, which is pretty secure.
The talent I have to draw, to write, to take photos, to make friends.
The friends I have, who seem to like me for who I am.
The place I live, which has great weather, and the smell of the sea on the wind.
My cat, who is the sweetest cat and her pals, the rat sisters.
A wonderful co-worker, who could be my best friend, if I wasn't so scared to have a best friend at the moment.
A car that runs pretty well, and a job that is close enough that if the car stopped working it would be no big deal.
A class that is over tonight, and I passed. Even the Final Exam.
A mom and a dad and a step mom who love me.
A brother who doesn't need me, but who really loves me and wants to talk to me.
A sister who needs me but doesn't call me much.
A program for living so that I have a list of things to be grateful for...

Peace.



No comments: